Wednesday, September 30, 2009

62* and then there's Mercury...


This image, just returned to Earth early this morning, is the newly imaged terrain located in a wide vertical strip near the limb of the planet (on the left side of Mercury’s partially sunlit disk). Credit: NASA/Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory/Carnegie
Institution of Washington.
A NASA spacecraft that completed its third and final flyby of the planet Mercury yesterday, snapping new pictures of the innermost planet, had a small data hiccup that has delayed release of the images, mission engineers said today. Andrea Thompson.


A Small Data Hiccup! Seriously? S e r i o u s l y!



They should call me. They never do and they just should. I could tell them she goes direct today. Although masculine, I believe all planets, like cars are 'hers' and not hims.


Feels like an incredible mammoth sweep of sighs. That feel of Fall yesterday was unmistakable and now this morning as I came popping out of my bedroom to an abrupt halt in the hall.....it's cold. I dislike being the messenger to be shot (upon sight) but.........A large area of numbingly cold temperatures will predominate from roughly east of the Continental Divide to west of the Appalachians. 2010 Farmer's Almanac. Like an ice cream sandwich.


Tomorrow is October and I'm on a roll. Since I'm already in trouble (most usually).....oh I just can't. Somebody else say it first........................hurry, I have stuff to tell.
Have you been to Lowe's?

DIRECT

COLD

OCTOBER

wham!

5 comments:

  1. I agree, she is a women;) and my cars name is Christine...lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. i am with ellen...she looks rather like the moon. hmmm....

    like an ice cream sandwich...i like ice cream sandwiches. smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Of course planets are women. Pshaw.

    And yes, I agree. They should have called you, or at least me. When my nose starts getting cold while I'm sleeping, there has obviously been a major shift. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sweet writing verily!!! it's coldish and wettish and numbingly autumnish early this year which suits me fine and then also drives home the very quick transition from summer to autumn - oh man!!!! four degrees celsius on my bike ride this morning so layers 'pon layers of clothes to retain the moisture, retain the warmth!!! mercury knows all about this business of hot and cold. just ask her. steven

    ReplyDelete

Speak, it's free. No awards/tags/trophys. Send donuts.